Installing Snow Leopard on MacBook Air without Remote Disc
- Insert SnowLeopard DVD in a Linux system
- Insert a 8GB thumb drive in a USB port in the same system
- /dev/sr0(DVD) and /dev/sdb(THUMBDRIVE) may be different based on your setup
- Issue the command "dd if=/dev/sr0 of=/dev/sdb"
- Insert the thumbdrive in MacBookAir USB Slot and restart
- Hold down the ALT key at boot until two volumes are shown "Macintosh HD" and the second one as "Mac OS X Install DVD" or similar
- click on the option related to USB Drive "Mac OS X Install DVD"
- Snow leopard automatically selects "Macintosh HD" as install destination, oterhwise do it manually
- Enjoy after installation